About Will Conley
Will Conley has many titles; commissioner, chairman, husband, son, brother, uncle, but the most important one is Dad. Eve (11), Abram (8), and Forrest (5) and the great people of the Wimberley Valley are Will’s motivators in this election.
WISD has made great strides in recent years, but Will is running to build on that success to provide the best experience for our children, teachers, and administrators, who make the Wimberley school system what it is.
As the next Wimberley School Board Trustee, Will plans to hit the ground running and collaborate with the current board and community at large to:
- Develop strategies to continue to improve school safety
- Manage growth and district capital improvement projects
- Provide high levels of education and accountability
- Maintain fiscally responsible practices to streamline district resources
As many of you know, Will served 13 years as the precinct 3 Hays County Commissioner where he managed complex and large budgets, improved road safety and flow, developed innovative school safety protocols, and led initiatives to protect our precious water and natural resources. Will’s experience and passion to improve the quality of life of his neighbors and community is unmatched as he has a proven record of success and fair representation on nearly every level of government.
Will’s leadership and passion to tackle tough problems to form a meaningful consensus among his community and colleagues is reflected in his public service:
- Hays County Precinct 3 – Former Commissioner
- Austin Community College Foundation – Former Board Member
- Hays County Veteran’s Committee – Chairman
- Hays County Food Bank – Executive Board Member
- Greater San Marcos Partnership - Economic Development Council – Past Chairman & Founding Member
- Capitol Area Council of Governments – Past Chairman
- Capitol Area Regional Transportation Planning Organization – Past Chairman
- Capitol Area Metropolitan Planning Organization – Past Chairman
- Capitol Area Economic Development District – Board Member
- South Central Texas Regional Water Planning Group – Region L Representative
- Lone Star Rail District (LSTAR) – Board of Directors
Will and his wife, Erin, and their three children have called Wimberley home for the last 12 years and are very active in their children's education, extra curricular activities, several charity groups, and the community of Wimberley. Will looks forward to serving on the school board to bring his unique experience to such an important governing body, to solidify a prosperous future for our children and help guide the school district to success in every form.